As the countdown timer on the home page of glensideccc.com shows while I type this, we’re 30 days away from converging in Elk Grove Village (our NEW larger location) just outside Chicago, IL for the 29th Annual “Last” Chicago CoCoFEST! We’re making final arrangements to host you physically and virtually at our belated Tandy Color Computer 40th birthday celebration (there will be cake!)
As we pass under the 30 day mark, help us put on a great show by considering the following items:
- If you are planning to attend in person, make sure you have made your reservations at the Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn. We have a block rate available until the rooms sell out, so don’t delay.
- Also, if you are planning to attend in person, please make sure to skip the entrance lines and pre-register.
- If you’re planning to exhibit, make sure to send a note to Tony Podraza with information on the exhibit. Though the show is nominally focused on the Tandy Color Computer, we love all Tandy machines, and we’re excited to see more Dragon representation as well.
- If you can’t join us in person, be sure to bookmark our Facebook Page or our YouTube channel where we’ll be live-streaming the event on both days (technology and Internet capacity willing, of course)
- Do you have a great idea for an in-person or virtual presentation? Contact Tony or myself so we can find a home for it in the schedule. We don’t want to pack it too tight, but we do want opportunities for folks to share
- Stop by your ATM. We need to dispose of quite a few club items this year (lots of excess inventory and donations) that need to get into the hands of fellow enthusiasts and kept out of landfills. As Mark Marlette of Cloud-9 reminds us, “They don’t make this stuff anymore.”
Whether you attend physically or virtually, we hope you join and enjoy the festivities. Help us usher in the event in our new venue after the long absence.